S-MUX is a multiplexer software which combines data streams from several Subtitle Transmission Units, STUs, into one ASI output. For multichannel STU installations with ASI interfaces, S-MUX lowers the ASI hardware cost.
S-MUX simplifies the failover function controlled from the Subtitle Transmission Controller, STC, by eliminating the ASI routing. All communication between STC, STU and S-MUX is TCP/IP.
• ASI multiplexer for subtitle streams.
• Substantial cost savings for multichannel systems where ASI interfaces are required
• Lowers costs for automatic fail over functionality for STUs
• Built-in "choke" for optimisation of use of bandwidth, lowering the lowest possible bandwidth
• STU connection using TCP/IP to transmit DVB subtitling
• Separate PCR clock distribution to all STUs
• Interfaces to all video encoder/multiplexers with ASI input and most systems with IP inputs
Runs under Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2003/Server 2008.